Monday, March 30, 2009

Noelle's Story
















On Tuesday March 24th, I went to the Dr. for my 38 week ultrasound. They saw that Noelle was measuring a little small for her age (25th percentile) and that the cord was wrapped around her neck-which may have hindered her from getting all of the nutrients she needs to grow. So, my Dr. told me that I would be checking into the hospital the following night to be induced! Marshall and I arrived at the hospital at 8 p.m. on Wednesday night where they started the induction process. The labor was progressing slowly through out the night and the next morning- and those nurses had me in all kinds of crazy positions to try to get this baby girl to drop! There were a few complications during the labor. Noelle wasn't getting enough oxygen and her heart rate started to drop, so they had me on the oxygen mask for a while. Finally, a nurse came in and told me that I was at 9 cm and that I needed to push through the 9- b/c this baby girl needed to come out. I only had to push for maybe 20 minutes and Noelle made her grand entrance. The cord was actually wrapped tightly around her neck 3 times. She was soo tiny! 5 lbs 13 oz- compared to her big brother who was over 8 pounds! Even though sweet Noelle had a rough time, God's hand was over her and she is perfectly healthy. Petite- but perfect! She is absolutely the sweetest little girl ever! I didn't think I could ever love a little girl the way I love Noah- but Noelle has proved me wrong!

We were a little nervous about how Noah was going to react to another baby in the house- but he has been so sweet! He LOVES his baby sissy and is so sweet to her! We are having so much fun with our new family of four!

2 comments:

Yvonne Bohaker said...

She is precious Shannon! Praise God for keeping both of you safe. Love all 4 of you!
Yvonne

Birdwells said...

Congrats!! I am glad you both are home and enjoying your family of 4!! Can't wait to meet Noelle. :)